Just us Lawyers are proud of their ability to provide sensitive expert advice during this difficult time for you and your family.
The team at Just Us Lawyers has a wealth of experience in estate planning, estate administration, trusts and estate litigation. These experienced solicitors provide careful and tailored advice on a broad spectrum of estate matters. We focus on understanding the individual circumstances of our clients so that family wealth can be distributed in a practical and efficient manner.
Our focus at Just Us Lawyers is to ensure that clients understand all implications of their individual estate plans. We don’t just prepare a will; we meet with you to discuss your unique personal situation and help determine the best strategies to make sure that you protect both your assets and your loved ones. We will carefully consider how significant events (such as marriage, separation or divorce, and property purchases) may affect how your estate is to be distributed. Our dedicated team can assist you in all aspects of estate planning, including:
- Review of existing wills
- Preparation of wills
- Preparation of enduring powers of attorney
- Preparation of health directives
- Advising on superannuation death nominations
- Reviewing existing trust deeds and company constitutions to ensure consistency with estate planning strategies
- Setting up various trusts
- Preparing business succession agreements
Estate administration can be a daunting and complex task for an executor of a will. Our team can assist an executor in the administration of estate and ensure that they clearly understand their responsibilities and duties. Our work in this area includes:
- Meeting with family members of the deceased to explain the estate administration process
- Obtaining appropriate grant of representation (including grant of probate and letters of administration)
- Arranging for the distribution of assets (including notifying relevant organisations such as banks and share registries)
- Preparing estate accounts that document distributions to beneficiaries.
Just Us Lawyers have extensive experience in acting for both beneficiaries and executors in claims against deceased estates. Our team has specialist experience in advising on all types of estate disputes, including:
- Family provision claims against estates
- The interpretation of wills – where the will is ambiguous
- The rectification of wills – where the will does not reflect the deceased’s intentions
- Estates whereby the testamentary capacity of the testator is in question.
Please refer to our brochure below: